Los Santos is the largest city in the state of San Andreas. It is an Alpha World City, known for it's finance, media, arts, and economy.
Los Santos was originally founded in what is now Downtown by Antonio Garcia del Morales in 1825. Garcia del Morales called the area
Misión de los Santos de la Iglesia Guadalupe, Mission of the Saints of the Church of Guadalupe.
Similarly, the town of Idlewood was formed south east of the Los Santos area as a camp for railroad workers. The town had a higher
population and growth rate, reaching 1,200 by 1819. Idlewood became a town in 1849, sparking the growth of the small missionary
town to the north.
The two towns intertwined, although seperate in government, and a circle of development began around them. Most of this
development was based around what is now El Corona and the Pershing Square-Commerce area. By 1876, the two towns had a joint
population of 87,000. In 1914, the two towns conjoined as the City of Los Santos.
The 1920s created an influx of urbanization to the west. Business and Residential growth flourished as many wall-to-wall grocers
and apartments were built, creating what is now the Market and Vinewood area.
The Great Depression caused Los Santos to go into a financial slump. In response, Red County created a planned town southeast
of Los Santos, and called it Willowfield. The city of Los Santos soon degenerated as more and more impoverished families fled to
Willowfield, and crowded the town. Industrial development began just west of Willowfield in order to fill demand for localized jobs.
Suburbanization, a concept originally developed in Los Santos, came early in the 1940s. After the City of Los Santos was effected
by the Depression, the wealthy residents in Market and Vinewood began to go north and develop large mansions in the
Vinewood Hills, a subsection of the Red Mountains. Middle Class townspeople did the same, creating settlements both south
and east of the original suburbs, forming Mulholland and Temple. Willowfield residents soon were disgruntled with their crowding,
and settled north of the river, creating what is now West Ganton.
Heavy immigration and population growth sprouted around 1952. Many Italian immigrants as well as African Americans from the
Southern States and Mid-West moved in to the Los Santos area. Italians originally settled what is now Rodeo and Marina; as well
as Glen Park, hence the similar housing styles. African Americans mostly settled in East Ganton and Jefferson.
Los Santos City Hall, completed 1928, is the center of the government of the city of Los Santos, San Andreas and houses the
mayor's office and the meeting chambers and offices of the Los Santos City Council. It is located in front of Pershing Square,
in downtown Los Santos. It has 32 floors and, at 454 feet (138 m) high and the concrete in its tower was made with sand from
each of San Andreas counties and water from all it's rivers, lakes and beaches. From its completion in 1928 until 1964, the
City Hall was the tallest building in Los Santos, and shared the skyline with only a few structures.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum